I awoke this morning to a comment on my post from Dalessi nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Dalessi runs a wonderful blog, that I highly recommend, Tidy Little Mama, about maintaining a clutter-free home among other things.
It feels amazing to be recognized for creating content that people enjoy! This award is meant to be passed on to blogs that you find value in and enjoy reading, and here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award!
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Share two pieces of advice for new bloggers!
- Choose 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them. Provide the link to the post you created.
To give a brief story of the inception of my blog, I was bored at my internship and was tired of scrolling through Facebook so I made blog! I have made some smaller blog before, but none had focus nor had more than one blog post. I also wanted to spend my down time at my internship doing something creative and purposeful, thus my blog was born.
If I had two pieces of advice for new bloggers it would be to just do it and just do it. Just do it in that if you want to start a blog, you have to just sit down and do the work. Also, just do it in that you are going to be hesitant to publish material that isn’t “perfect”, but you should just publish material regardless because truthfully, nothing is going to be perfect.
Unfortunately, I do not have 15 blogs to recommend (besides Tidy Little Mama), but I hope to start reading more blogs soon! Once I find blogs I truly value I of course will be the first to share them with you!